Wednesday 11 January 2017

EPITAPHS

I would like to add a little humor to my blog by posting some humorous epitaphs about once a month.  An epitaph is writing on a tombstone.  Sometimes the deceased write it before they die and sometimes our loved ones write it for us.  The most infamous ones were written during the late 1800′s when the wild west was being tamed. So called loved ones were not always loved and things got said after they moved on.  Here is an old English epitaph that I came across:

“Here lies my poor wife, without bed or blanket,

But dead as a door nail, God be thanket.”

Here is another one found in Silvermine Connecticut:

“Here lies the body of Mary Devoe,

Wife of Henry Devoe.

Tears cannot bring her back,

Therefore, I weep.”

I hope you have enjoyed my post today and hope that I have lightened your mood on a serious situation.  God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment